Irish Crochet Motif Instruction 56studio sheru
- Irish Crochet Motif Video Instruction.
- How to Make Irish Crochet Motif.
- Irish Crochet Motif Patterns.
In this video tutorial, we continue our series of Irish Crochet motifs for beginners. You can crochet this beautiful floral motif that consists of a leaf and a flower just in several minutes. First, we make the foundation for a leaf, which is the crochet cluster stitch, then start the spiral working in rows around each post of the cluster stitch. The center part of the leaf is a nice looking spiral made using the single crochet stitches only. The rest of the leaf is worked in rows with the regular and easy to crochet mesh. Once the leaf is ready you can stop the work and use this leaf motif in your projects, or you can continue, without cutting off the yarn, and crochet a cute little flower on the other side. To start the flower we make the same cluster stitch as the foundation and then continue with the first row of single crochet stitches and the last row of petals.
The easy motif is very beautiful and allows you to play with is combining some of these motifs together and create really different looking masterpieces. To crochet the Irish floral motif you need 100% cotton yarn, 169 m in 50g; and a crochet hook 1.5mm or 2.00 mm.
The membership is closed. All videos and patterns that were included in the membership, will be published free on the website.
1. I will start crocheting the leaf first. Begin the Irish crochet motif by making a cluster for this chain 5.
2. Now lets stop as take a look. We have created a spiral as you can see. We've completed the first row.
3. Before we start crocheting the next row, let’s take a quick look at the motif. Right now we are at THIS point, in the center of the spiral. Now I will continue with the next row going BACK through the stitches we've just made.
4. Flower or leaf and the motif is completely ready! Also, these motifs are perfect for the Irish crochet lace or any other lace projects. You can play with this motifs and create something new and interesting.
Hi everyone. In today's tutorial, I will show you how to crochet this beautiful small layered flower attached to the spiral leaf.
For work, you need a ball of yarn and a crochet hook. I will start crocheting the leaf first. Begin the work by making a cluster for this chain 5, now work into the first chain stitch of our chain of 5: make 2 unfinished trebles and one unfinished double treble. Now we have 4 loops on the hook, YO and pull through all to complete the cluster. This cluster is the foundation for our spiral petal. Now to create a spiral I will work around the posts of this cluster stitch: first I will make stitches under the post of the post of double treble stitch, then under the chain of 5, then move to the second treble and then under the first treble.
So let's do it: under the post of double treble stitch sc 7. Then turn the work a bit and under the chain of 5 we started this cluster with sc 7 as well. Then crochet the inner part of the spiral – work around the post of the second treble: sc 5. Turn the work clockwise and sc 5 under the post of the first treble.
More in these topics: