Crochet Flower Embellishment Instruction 198studio sheru
The video instruction shows how to crochet a simple flower for lace projects or for embellishing of crochet clothing.
- Crochet Button to Embellish the Center of the Flower.
- Video Instruction on How to Crochet the Flower with Spiral Petals.
- Crochet Flower Embellishment Photo Instruction.
- Description of the Crochet Flower Embellishment.
For this crochet flower we use a ball of Multicolor Space Dyed Yarn: 10% mohair, 10% wool, 80% acrylic, 550m in 100g.; a crochet hook 2.25 mm or 2 mm and a yarn needle. The flower is made in rows, where we crochet petal after petal one by one. Each petal consists of two rows. Spiral is made on the complex stitch – we work around the posts of the stitches of the complex stitch to create the spiral. This beautiful crochet flower can be with 10, 11 or 12 petals. You will be able to change the amount of petal in your flower by yourself. The crochet flower with spiral petals is a great project for embellishment, applique or as an element that can be a part of your Freeform or Irish crochet piece of work. The center of the flower you can embellish with a crochet button, a regular button, a bead or leave it as it is with open center.
The full version of this tutorial (pattern, diagram, chart) are only available for members.
1. The first row is the petal – foundation for the spiral petal photo.
2. The spiral is made on top of the complex stitch. We work around the post of the stitches of the complex stitch to create volumetric rows of the spiral.
3. Pattern repeat for this flower is the first two rows. To begin the second petal you need to start from the first row.
5. Front view of the ready twelve-spiral-petal flower made of light color angora yarn.
6. Front view of the ready crocheted flower embellishment made of bright colors.
7. Front view of the ready crochet ten-spiral-petal flower made of dark shades of angora yarn.
Hi everyone. In todays tutorial you will learn how to crochet a 10-spiral-petal flower. This flower is made in rows and then gathered in round in order to make the flower. This flower has 10 beautiful volumetric spiral petals. I have made another the same flower in different colors – more bright. If you wish to have a flower with more or less petals you are more then welcome. For example in this flower I made 12 petals. The center of each flower you can embellish with a crochet button, like I did, or you can just add a regular button, a bead or leave it as it is with open center. Let’s begin the work.
I will be using Space Dyed angora yarn, a crochet hook and a yarn needle.
Begin the work by making a chain of 8. This is our foundation chain.Begin the 1-st round and the first petal as well: chain 1 to bring up the yarn, now sc into the second stitch away from the hook. Continue working in a row: hdc into the next chain stitch, then dc into the next stitch. Into the next chain stitch work 2 stitches: dc, treble crochet. Then treble crochet into the next stitch. Into the next stitch treble crochet twice (12). Into the next stitch double treble crochet, and now we have one stitch left on the foundation chain, into this stitch I will make the complex stitch which later will be the foundation for the petal.
To begin the complex stitch: YOH 4 times to begin the triple treble, work it into the last chain stitch like you would until you have 2 loops on the hook. Hold 2 loops, YOH twice (to begin the treble), insert the hook into two bottom loops on the post of triple treble, pull up a loop and work the treble till you have 3 loops on the hook.
Repeat the same into the same 2 loops work unfinished treble (YOH twice, pull up a loop and work the stitch till you have 4 loops on the hook).Hold 4 loops, YOH 3 times for double treble, work into the same 2 loops and the same do not complete this double treble stitch. You have 5 loops on the hook. YO and pull through all at once to complete the complex stitch. It looks like a cluster and will be the foundation for the spiral.
More in these topics: