Crochet Braid Cord - Tutorial 176studio sheru
In this tutorial for beginners we will show how to crochet 3-dementional braid cord or ribbon.
- Video on How to Crochet the Braid Cord Using the Unfinished Doubles.
- Photo Presentation of Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Crochet the 3-D Braid Cord.
- Written Tutorial.
The volumetric crochet braid cord is very fast and easy to make following our video instructions. The volumetric rows which creating the braid are on the front of the cord only. You can use such cords for making jewelries: crochet bracelets, crochet nacklesses, ets.
Also it can be a great element for embellishing any of your hand made clothing or you can use the cord as a part of your lace projects.
For this cord we were using yarn:
- 55% cotton, 45% acrylic 160m in 50g;
- a crochet hook 2.00mm or 2.25mm.
- 1. Begin the work with one chain stitch.
- 2. The foundation for the cord elements we make using the crochet cluster stitches – the 2 double crochet clusters.
- 3. All the volumetric rows are made of double crochet stitches and they are creating the braid which visible on the front of the cord only.
- 4. When making rows on the back side of the cord, turn to the front to complete the braid segments.
- 5. The braid itself is the rows of unfinished double crochet stitches worked around the posts of doubles of the clusters.
Hi everyone. In todays tutorial I will show you how to crochet this braid cord. The volumetric rows which creating the braid are on the front of the cord only. On the back it is plane. For demonstration I made the exact same cord of yellow yarn.
Let’s begin the work and see how to crochet it.
For work we need some yarn and a crochet hook.
Begin the work by making a chain stitch.
Begin the first row : chain 3 to bring up the yarn, into the first chain (into the foundation) make a 5-double crochet cluster. 12345 6 loops are on the hook, now YO and pull through all to complete the cluster. Then continue chain 1, make it tight, and chain 2 more.
Turn the work to continue with row 2: YO, insert the hook under the chain of 3 we made on the beginning of previous row, pull up a loop and make 5-double crochet cluster. 7 loops are on the hook, YO and pull though all to complete the cluster, then chain 1 and make it tight. Chain 2 more to bring up the yarn and turn the work.
The first 2 rows is the beginning of the cord. Now the next 2 rows will be the pattern repeat...
More in these topics: